Help for finding which online dating service or dating app is best for you.
Welcome to Dating Sites Reviews
Singles Net Review (SinglesNet.com)
As of March 21, 2014 SinglesNet.com was closed along with Smooch.com. (see Story) Both domains now redirect to Match.com who possesses both services.
Below, we have left our original SinglesNet review for your continued reading. The review received its last major update on August 14, 2012.
SinglesNet has been suggesting an online dating service since 1997 and has become a very popular. They have consistently held the number one spot in the most visited dating sites with website ranker Hitwise. With this popularity Singles Net has grown into a very large dating site.
I must admit I have been reluctant to do a review of this online dating site. I had checked them out Two years ago and had found not much to my liking. Further research exposed a number of user complaints. Has SinglesNet.com cleaned up their act? It seems they may have, but with one exception. Their online advertising for this dating site often includes sexually suggestive photos. While this practice is not necessarily a bad thing if the dating service is about intimate encounters. The thing is, SinglesNet is not this type of site. Just take a look at the screenshot, it is portrayed as a generic dating site.
There is slew of good points and features about Singles Net. The foremost in my mind is they permit free members to read email from and contact paid members. Very few dating sites do this (Lavalife is the other dating site that comes to mind). This feature enables you to attempt out the dating site to see if it actually will work out for you. Plus, as a paid member this eliminates the guess work of figuring out who can contact you. Another good point is the SinglesNet.com interface. It is very clean, uncluttered and effortless to use and there is no annoying advertising on any of their pages.
Singles Net has done a few other things different. They suggest the basics of online dating. Very first off there is no real member homepage. You are either searching for singles, viewing profiles, winking or sending emails. Other than that the only other pages deal with updating your profile and account information. This works indeed well. When you very first create a profile SinglesNet.com keeps things plain. You are only shown questions you need to reaction. As example if you answered yes to having children, an extra question will emerge asking how many. Searching has also been simplified. In the search interface you can only indeed specify a location or region to search. SinglesNet.com takes cares of the rest using their matching technology. While this makes things effortless and you always have a large number of members to look through, I think Singles Net should still permit the capability for its members to be able to suggest their own search criteria.
To sum up the SinglesNet.com practice, they suggest a streamlined treatment to online dating. Member profiles contain just enough information to figure out if you want to contact the person. Searching has been simplified, almost too much since it relies mostly on an automated match system. The thickest bonus as a member of this service is, there are a large number of members with free members being permitted to communicate with paid members. This combined with the 100% money back assure should put SinglesNet.com on the top of your list of dating sites to attempt out.
Positive Features of SinglesNet.com
- It takes 30 seconds to join. Commence searching for singles swift
- Free members can send and reply to paid members emails
- Risk free ensure. 100% money back
- A very popular dating site. Hitwise, has ranked Singles Net, the number one most visited dating site over Trio times this year (2008)
Negative Features of SinglesNet.com
- They have problems filtering out fraudulent and spam profiles
- Not a large online help section. Singles Net rather you contact them directly by email or phone
- Their advertising doesn’t need to be so sexually suggestive. Misleading
- Cannot create your own searches. Searches are always based on SinglesNet matching system technology
- No Instant Messaging or Talking
- No way to find out when a member has last logged in
At a Glance
Average User Reviews & Ratings
Related Posts & Pages
SinglesNet.com Free Membership
- Yes (unlimited)
- Create a profile
- User name, email, bday, gender and location
Relationship Types Permitted
Your Relationship Status
Relationships You can Look For
- Prices last confirmed November 23, 2008. Please check SinglesNet.com for most latest pricing
- Account upgrade includes:
- Top of searches – your profile will now emerge at the top of search results and online as a featured member
- Match priority
- Send emails to all members, including free members
- Receive emails from non paying members
- Unique personality matching technology that caters to its featured members
- Priority telephone and photo support
SinglesNet.com Viewing &, Communication Devices
- They will let you know you have messages waiting for you by sending a notice to your private email address
Search For Members By
- Who is online
- Location and region
- Who has voiced interest in you
- Personality matching technology
- Built into all searches. The only real thing you can switch in a search is location or region
- A way around this is, you could switch your search results by updating your profile by switching some of the answers to your profile questions
Other SinglesNet.com Information
- SinglesNet.com participates in the Better Business Bureau Reliability Program. See what and how they deal with complaints at the BBB
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at DatingSitesReviews.com we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the service directly for the most latest information. As always you should read your terms of service before signing up to any online service.
Last Updated: Monday, June 12 2017 @ 04:21 PM | Hits: 31,575
The following comments are possessed by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.