The key to successful dating online is a well-written user profile. A profile is the unique, customizable area on an online dating site that contains biographical information about yourself, as well as photographs and details about what you’re looking for in a potential mate.
- Stay latest and real, Casey says. All pictures should be taken within the last six months and feature a head shot, as well as a total figure shot. ",Putting up pictures that represent what you look like means you don’t have to worry later, if he or she doesn’t call you to go out again, that it’s because of how you look,", Allison says. ",Be fair about who you are.",
- Don’t be too esoteric. Casey says it’s fine to select a name that’s clever, but don’t pick something that will likely go over people’s goes or come off as inaccessible.
The Headline or Status Line
- Your headline should reaction a basic question such as ",What am I looking for?", Casey says the response should be joy and playful and prompt people to want to click into your profile to get to know you better. ",Something like ‘This week I’m looking for a good cocktail date near Central Park’ is joy and makes your profile stand out.
- Create three separate paragraphs. The very first, Casey says, should be about who you are and what you like to do. The 2nd should contain things such as your pet peeves and private quirks&mdash,anything that is unique and stands out from the crowd. The last paragraph should detail what your life looks likes now, including the most latest movies you’ve seen, books you’ve read or places you’ve visited.
Dr. Gian Gonzaga, a senior research scientist with eHarmony, says a key component to online dating is patience. “Imagine you’re walking into a bar with 100 people in it. Services like eHarmony showcase you Ten people who you could go out with,” he says. “But that doesn’t mean they’re flawless, just that they share significant characteristics that are the basis for a good relationship. People spend years searching for a relationship. You can’t give up because you go on a duo of dates that don’t work out.”
In June 2007, Allison set a reminder for herself on her computer to cancel her online dating membership at eHarmony. The requests of her job had taken a bite out of her social schedule, and she hadn’t found anyone promising in months. The money, she said, was going to waste.
Download the Observe OWN app and access OWN anytime, anywhere. See utter scenes and live stream OWN whenever and wherever you want. The Observe OWN app is free and available to you as part of your OWN subscription through a participating TV provider.
O, THE OPRAH MAGAZINE
Subscribe to O, The Oprah Magazine for up to 72% OFF what others pay on the newsstand &mdash, that’s like getting Nineteen FREE issues!
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS TODAY AND Love THE BENEFITS.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends that matter to you most.
- Have accomplished advice and tips delivered directly to you.
- Be in the know on current and upcoming trends. VIEW ALL NEWSLETTERS
OPRAH IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF HARPO, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©, 2017 HARPO PRODUCTIONS, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.